Roasted Chicken, Parsnip and Apple
- Two chicken thighs per person
- Two parsnips per person
- One apple per person (I use eating apples, but the crisper ones like gala or pink lady)
- 1/2 onion per person
- 2-4 tbsp of olive oil
1) Preheat oven to 180 degrees C
2) Trim excess fat and skin from the chicken
3) Peel parsnips, apples and cut into batons/slices
4) Peel and slice onion into medium rings/semi-circles
5) Throw the whole lot into a baking tray or two and drizzle with olive oil, coating the chicken and veg by mixing a little with a spoon. Season well (less salt, more pepper!)
6) Roast for 35-45 minutes. Check chicken is fully cooked before removing from oven (stick a skewer into the thickest part and the juices will run clear).
7) The apples and onions should be slightly melty and caramelised in the roasting process. The whole should be lovely and juicy, if you think it's drying out during the cooking time, turn the heat down a notch and roast for longer.
Yummy, yummy in my tummy.
At &Breathe Postnatal we run retreats and events specifically designed to to help new parents come up for air. Check out our week long retreats in France and our 24hr retreats in the UK