Am I right in thinking you haven't stopped taking pictures and videos of your new baby since they were born? Sure, it eases off a little as they reach a few months old, but really you have enough photos and footage to fill a library.
And what are you going to do with it all? Read on for our tips on how to display and a brilliant competition with Papier to get you started!
Since digital photos became the norm, we don't seem to get round to displaying pictures like we used to. We look at them on our phones, but it's nice to use the beautiful images that we manage to capture once in a while, and have them there to notice every time we pass. You might even get people admiring your decorative touches, which is a bit more dignified than shoving a phone gallery under their nose when they walk in the door.
So how best to go analogue with pictures? Here are our favourite ideas. Get started with our fab competition below and share all your creations with us on IG here! #loveyourpics
1) go old school. Print out lots of your fave photos and pick a set of frames (with a colour or design theme is best, eg all neutrals or all stripy but they don't have to match or be the same size). Crowd them all onto a surface (sideboard, grand piano, chest of drawers) for instant focus. Works best in black and white.
2) the clothesline. Attach picture wire to two hooks or nails in the wall and peg up pictures using wooden clothes pegs.
3) on the shelf. Instead of hanging large framed pictures, lean them against the wall on a shelf or mantlepiece. Clusters work best.
4) turn your photos into art. Not on the High Street has some fab options to turn photos into line drawings, watercolour style images, Warhol style prints and retro photo booth canvases. Get browsing and don't get too carried away.
5) share the love. Turn your photos into thank you notes and invitations using Friends of &Breathe, Papier.com. You can upload your pics to personalise your designs and they'll send them out for you once you've written a note inside. So much less hassle than printing and making them yourself, and better designed too. Save the pritt stick for school projects in years to come.
We've teamed up with our Friends of &Breathe at Papier, so you can get started on your creations! Win a beautiful personalised set of cards to create on their site, perfect for showing off your little one.
- share a photo you love (of you, your life, your style or your little one) on Instagram, tagging @papieruk, @andbreathepostnatal, #loveyourpics. What would you put on your card?
Winner picked at random at 9am 21st March 2016. UK entrants only, winner receives code to use online at Papier.com worth up to £40 which can cover 30 notecards plus plain envelopes.
Papier sells beautifully designed, customisable cards, invitations & stationery online. Their carefully curated collection includes designs by leading artists & illustrators and everything is printed in England on premium quality paper.