Domaine La Colline des Oliviers, set in olive groves and tickled by sea breezes, is waiting for you.
Domaine La Colline des Oliviers is the quintessential Moroccan hideaway, a terracotta haven in the beautiful countryside near Essaouira on the Atlantic coast of Morocco. On a hill of olive and argan tree groves, its reached by the whispering breezes of the seaside, not far away.
Built in traditional style and with colourful, handmade touches throughout the house, La Colline des Oliviers is family owned and has the same warm and comfortable feel as our own Manoir La Croix de La Jugie in France. Coupled with all the modern touches you could want, the Domaine is the perfect place for our &Breathe retreats.
The house has several living spaces, including a large sitting room with open fire, dining room, bar area and huge kitchen, creating the convivial and welcoming atmosphere for which &Breathe has become known. Each of the eight bedrooms is ensuite and some have their own terrace, complete with sunloungers for you to enjoy a moment of quiet.
The grounds of the estate offer walking paths, outside spaces where we'll be working out and holding other group sessions, secret spots for relaxation and a lovely swimming pool overlooking the estate.
Bedrooms and equipment
There are eight bedrooms and bathrooms in the house. So we can welcome up to seven families. You'll each have your own large bedroom (plenty of room for all your stuff!) and ensuite bathroom with comfy beds and lovely toiletries. We also make sure each room has a travel cot, single bed for toddler (where applicable) baby bath, changing mat, baby monitor and nightlight.
We also have:
- playmats and various toys
- sterilising equipment
- spare baby crockery, cutlery, beakers
- spare bottles
- spare nappies and wipes
- spare swim nappies (but please bring your own!)
We also provide plenty of towels (bath and pool), bed linen and nappy sacks for those never-ending changes. We're sure they'll be some laundry to be done during the week too, and we can give you access to the washing facilities for that!
Ou est la domaine?
Domaine La Colline des Oliviers, Route 207, Essaouira, Morocco
Transfers from Essaouira airport are included in the price of your retreat, and we arrange them for a small supplement from Marrakesh with the trusted taxi partner of our venue. You're more than welcome to make your own way to the Domaine of course. Taxis are cheap and plentiful to get around whilst you are on the retreat.
good to know
We know it can be tough travelling with baby, especially for the first time, which is why we try to make things as easy as we can for you! We try to provide most equipment, so all you need to bring are clothes, personal supplies, and bedding for cots.
- We send you a list of equipment available two months before your trip so you can plan ahead what to bring.
- If you need something specific that we don't have whilst you're here, just let us know and we'll do our best to get it.
- We usually have spares of most things, so in an emergency (before the shops open), we've got it covered!
- We provide sheets for cots, but find that babies tend to be very particular about what they sleep in, so we don't have sleeping bags or other blankets etc.
- The domaine is a large home, great for groups and retreats as there's plenty of space for everyone!
- The pool is NOT fenced, but far enough away from the house to prevent children toddling off unexpectedly.