As we are putting on more of our award-winning retreats in 2018, we are welcoming more WONDERFUL team members to make your &Breathe experience even more special. Meet Karina, one of our fabulous new Retreat Host. Karina contacted &Breathe after having her son and desperate for some time out - and now she's helping to bring the &Breathe magic to the good ol' U S of A. We can't wait!
After having her son and realising she needed a way to re-balance herself, Karina found a perfect place to do so at &Breathe Postnatal. Immediately, she contacted founder Clio Wood and made it her mission to help bring &Breathe to thousands of new parents in the US needing the very thing she was looking for. Karina is passionate about helping others and will go to great lengths to help you come up for air.
1) Name: Karina "Nina" Monegro
2) &Breathe role: Retreat Host TX
3) What brought you to &Breathe? My own personal need to find a place where I could go to "catch my breath" after having my son. When I found it I knew I needed to get involved!
4) Best healthy eating hack? 1% Friendship Cottage cheese with two table spoons of Vanilla Greek Yogurt, and 1/4 cup of blueberries. Great source of protein!
5) Favourite fitness activity: HIIT & Leg day (give me squats and lunges all day...)
6) What's your favourite thing to do just for you? Spa pedicure and manicure on Saturday mornings to decompress from the week.
7) Wine or chocolate? Wine AND Chocolate.
8) What is your superhero power? Surprisingly, I function really well on 4 to 5 hours of sleep per night. [we're jealous!]
9) Favourite place to be in the world? Can't narrow it down so I'm going to say a quaint, charming, and relaxing place full of history, lovely people, great food, and amazing caffe lattes!
10) Best unusual fact about you. I like listening to oldies (Frank Sinatra, Louis Armstrong, Ella Fitzgerald, or Bing Crosby) more than anyone i know, especially when i'm getting my teeth cleaned at the dentist.